If you’ve been following my blog you might know that I want to go to paralegal school and I’ve been in search for a paralegal school to attend. I was looking for schools I am able to bus it after work because I don’t drive to work and it also had to be accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA).
I went to the info session for SCHOOL NUMBER 1a few days ago. They offer:
- Flexible schedule, flexible program
- Located at a school campus (I’m able to use school resources and feel like a student again.)
- Flexible cost because it can be paid in quarters
- A couple thousand cheaper than SCHOOL 2
- Smaller class size
- There is a 2-week break between quarters
SCHOOL NUMBER 2 had the info session a few weeks ago, but I was waiting to attend both info sessions to weigh everything out. They offer:
- Structured program
- Better program
- 1 long course means one lump sum payment
- Financial aid available that ended May 1st (So it’s out of pocket now, until approved by FAFSA) I do not have a couple thousand to pay for school at once.
- No breaks because it’s one long course
- NOT located on a college campus, but still a highly recognized school
I talked to my boyfriend, friends and coworkers and they all had their opinions. The one that stuck out to me most was that my bf said where I work now it does’t matter if I go with SCHOOL 1. Down the line if I decide to work elsewhere my experience will matter more than where I earned my certificate. It would be a different story if I was looking for work. And what got me at SCHOOL ONE was that it was at a college campus not a building. I graduated college 5 years ago and it feels nice again to be on a college campus.
Yeah, I could get a loan, but I’m almost done paying off my undergrad loan and I’m tried of the burden of school loans. If the info session was earlier or if I had known about the FAFSA for SCHOOL 2, I would’ve filled out the application and apply. But I think my heart was always set on SCHOOL 1.
Registration open next Monday and I am so excited for school next month!